Schedule A Free Consultation
Meet The Owner
Carla Navarro, CP
Carla Navarro is a NALA certified paralegal who graduated with honors from the University of San Diego’s prestigious paralegal program in 2014. Although she began working in the legal field in administrative roles as of 2006, she formalized her career as a paralegal in 2012 with a civil litigation law firm in San Diego, California. Since then, she developed her diverse knowledge and skills working in corporate in-house positions, as well as in small to mid-sized law firms doing civil litigation, staff management, corporate, and some trademark work.
She founded First Paralegal in 2016 as a Legal Document Assistant in San Diego County, California, as well as a contract paralegal. She quickly realized that her passion and excellence lies in providing contract paralegal services for solo practitioners and small firms, thus shifting her services to that market exclusively.
Ms. Navarro has been assisting attorneys throughout Southern California with a wide variety of services ranging from overflow paralegal work, real estate, civil litigation discovery and motion work, efiling for Superior and Federal Courts, conducting research, creation of entities, drafting contracts, and everything in between. In addition to being a paralegal professional, Carla is a licensed California Notary and completely fluent in Spanish.
- Draft contracts.
- Review, analyze and summarize the contracts.
- Screen contracts to ensure compliance, manage renewal dates and termination notices.
- Conduct factual research.
- Perform legal research.
- Draft, demand, and Cease and Desist letters.
- Assist with preparation of court filings.
- Preparing case notes and summarizing pleadings/memoranda for clients.
- Conduct Discovery work, such as propound, prepare responses, summarize and organize documents, file motions.
- Draft legal documents, letters, briefs, power of attorney, contracts and legal agreements.
- Draft and proofread contracts.
- Conduct and summarize legal research.
- Analyze and summarize the terms and conditions of the contracts.
- Incorporation/formation documents.
- Conduct due diligence research.
Increase your caseload without increasing your workload
Great for a small firm that can’t justify hiring someone on a full-time basis.
Many of your employee costs are reduced or eliminated, such as taxes, benefits, insurance, and on-site space and equipment.
Our substantive legal work can be billed to the client just as attorney time would be.
We are only paid for the hours we're needed and can be a great additional help during large cases or times of growth.
You Have Questions, We Have Answers
A detailed invoice is issued on the 1st and 15th of each month by email. Payment is accepted by ACH bank transfer or credit card and is due upon receipt.
We take your client confidentiality very seriously and we have implemented numerous procedures to protect your work product and client information. Our emails are thoroughly encrypted at rest and in transit and all documents are temporarily stored on a AES 256-bit encrypted cloud storage.